What’s the job like?
Our team may not have an office, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have administrative work. We are looking for a part-time staffer who has experience juggling and prioritizing a lot of administrative tasks at once, can help us set process and protocols, will up-manage us to make sure we are on track, is interested in the work we are doing, and is excited to take on ad hoc substantive work that fits with the candidate’s experience and interest.
Sound like you?
Send us a short cover letter and CV by Friday February 14th (earlier submissions will be given preference – we are looking hire a great candidate quickly). Be sure to tell us about what you’ve done that’s relevant, but also what you’d like to be doing. And while it’s useful to see a list of things you can do well, we work in a pretty fast paced and dynamic environment where personalities matter a lot. Say something about yourself and how a working environment matters to you.
- Handle scheduling and travel arrangements for three core staff
- Assist with mothership logistics and project logistics as needed
- Help keep us organized
- Upward manage core team to keep us on track with admin and with deadlines
- Dig into desk research projects when an extra hand is needed
- Manage accounts receivable and payable and work with CPA and bookkeeper to keep accounts audited and in order
- Copy edit documents and proposal development process as needed
- Meet tight deadlines for supporting projects, proposals, and contracts
- Position is one part clerical and one part strategy.
- Part-time for 6 months, with possibility of extension and/or expansion to full-time.
- Pay commensurate on experience. May be contracted according to a day rate or percentage position, based on candidate and negotiation.
- Admin octopus can work from anywhere but should have a good internet connection and be located in timezones between GMT-6 and GMT+3
- Great communication and writing skills in English, a second language preferred but not required
- Some research experience an asset
- Experience updating websites, drafting web copy, and blogging (our websites run on WP)
- Can juggle a lot at once and turn things around on tight deadlines
- Manages time well and can be a self-starter (distributed teams require a lot of organization and motivation)
- Comfortable trying/using new technologies and learning about new issues, countries, politics, and projects
- Dependable, detail-oriented, and good spirited