RD Community Survey
Dear community members,
By completing this form, you’ll provide The Engine Room team with information that will help us identify how the RD community could be more beneficial to you. You’re welcome to let us know how this space is currently working for you (or not!) and what could be improved. We promise we will listen carefully and be very grateful for your feedback. Read more about how we treat data below.
1. How long have you been a part of the Responsible Data community?
From the very beginning
I am a newbie
2. Why did you join the RD community?
How did you decide to join the mailing list? What were you hoping to learn from and/or share in this space?
3. What best describes your professional profile?
Tech sector employee
Member of civil society
All of the above
4. What are Responsible-Data-related topics you are most interested in at the moment?
Which responsible data issues are on your mind lately? Feel free to be as broad or as specific as you’d like.
5. Can you think of the time when discussions, resources or links shared within the RD community were useful for your work? Please share an example.
If you don't remember specific examples, you're welcome to share a more general description of times when the RD community was useful to your work.
6. How could the RD community be more useful to you and your work?
Considering the mailing list, the website, and the newsletter, tell us how the RD community could better support you and your work?
7. What would you like to see more of?
What are some of the activities, resources, and content you would like to have access to within the RD community?
Conversations about specific responsible data issues
Guidance on how to implement RD policies
Case studies and research
If you responded "other" to the question above, let us know what you'd like to see in RD community.
8. Would you like to participate in RD community networking events if we were to organise them?
These events could be community calls or events organised around a specific topics.
If yes, please tell us which ones would appeal to you most:
Monthly community calls
Small group meetings with other members
Case-related consultations with relevant stakeholders
If no, please tell us why.
9. Do you feel comfortable participating in events and activities where English is the main language?
11. Would you be interested in working together with other members of the community on projects, joint conference session proposals, external workshops, and others?
If yes, tell us the kinds of things you'd like to work on.
12. Do you consent for The Engine Room to store the information you provide in this form for the purpose described above?
We will keep the answers to this form on servers that we control for six months, after which time your personal data, including name and email address, will be deleted. Your answers will only be accessed by The Engine Room staff for the purposes of this service, and will not be shared with other people or organisations, for any purpose. At any time, you have a right to request the information we hold on you, and we will provide this to you within a month of your asking. If you would like to do this, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks for taking the time to complete the survey. We will do our best to make sure it was worth your time!