Updated 10 April 2023
The Engine Room is looking for a consultant to work with us on a project focusing on data sharing practices and technologies related to humanitarian Cash and Voucher Assistance activities.
Rate: $700/day, up to $4200
Timeline: April – July 2023
About the project
The Engine Room is undertaking research on data sharing practices of humanitarian organisations, with a specific focus on Cash and Voucher Assistance activities.
We seek to map relevant risk and threat scenarios, and evaluate how a range of existing and emerging protocols (as identified by research currently underway) may mitigate these risks.
About the consultant
Within this project, we are looking for a digital security expert to aid us in the above.
The ideal consultant:
- Has expertise in peer-to-peer data sharing protocols, understands the relevant security risks & mitigation tactics involved, and has knowledge of potential technologies and tactics used to exploit them
- Has the required technical skills to understand how particular technical vulnerabilities are exploited and the communication skills to capture these in a way that’s understood by non-technical audiences
- Is familiar with the humanitarian sector (familiarity with cash and voucher assistance in particular is a plus)
- Works collaboratively and responsively and is self-motivated
- Is able to hold periodic meetings during the hours of 10am-6pm CET
If this sounds like you, please send an email to email@example.com with your CV and a brief paragraph highlighting relevant skills and experience. Applications will be received on a rolling basis .