Our work has one goal: to increase the technical intuition of civil society so they can strategically use data and technology to increase their impact. Since our inception in 2011, we have worked with hundreds of partners – from large NGOS to smaller national-level initiatives – on hundreds of projects. You can read more about our work on our blog.
If this sounds like your kind of team, you can learn more about working with us on this page.
We’re currently hiring for the following positions:
- Technical Project Manager to manage tech- and data-heavy projects that seek to advance social justice.
- Regional Support Lead to manage a team that works closely with local and national civil society partners in Sub Saharan Africa and Latin America to build their long-term strategic tech and data capacity.
- Project Assistant to support across the team in implementing and delivering timely and effective projects to support civil society in their responsible and strategic use of data + tech.
- Technologist interested in using their technical expertise towards projects that contribute to social change.
The deadline for all positions is July 8th – we look forward to your application! Please apply via the Breezy platform.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Since we’re a remote organisation, applicants can be based anywhere in the world between the time zones of UTC-5 to UTC+5. We encourage individuals from all areas of the world, backgrounds, experiences and identities to apply.
You will likely enjoy and thrive working with us if:
- You are extremely proactive and self-motivated (experience working remotely is a huge plus)
- You think critically and embrace complexity
- You are friendly and empathetic
- You take the work seriously but can laugh at yourself
- Our organisational values resonate with you
WHAT WE OFFER
The Engine Room is a global team and we consider diversity to be a competency. We actively seek diverse perspectives, experiences and voices in all areas of our team and in our work. Our organisation prioritises empathy, respect, humility, flexibility, fun and a healthy work-life balance. We’re a remote team based across four continents. We don’t have a physical office anywhere and all our staff and contractors work remotely. Some other perks to working with us include:
- Working with a passionate, smart and kind global team on meaningful work
- Our culture and practices promote work-life balance and internal growth
- Our pay is competitive
- We have a generous paid time off policy
- You can work remotely
- We provide a monthly stipend for approved expenses including coworking, health insurance, gym memberships, etc.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply using the links provided in the job postings above. Incomplete applications or applications submitted via email will not be considered. For all questions please contact our People Lead, Anneke at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For core team positions (non-consultancy or project-based work) the recruitment process is:
- We notify candidates within two to four weeks whether or not they will advance to the next round of the recruitment process
- We invite select candidates to introductory calls
- After introductory calls are complete, we invite shortlisted candidates to interview with our People Lead and one or more other colleagues
- Occasionally we will request candidates in the final rounds to complete an assignment
- Lastly, for finalists we conduct reference checks before making a final selection
We aim for our recruitment process to provide both our team and candidates the opportunity insight into whether or not they are a fit for this role. Because of this in-depth process, the time between the submission of an application and our extension of an offer to the successful candidate may take several weeks.
If we don’t currently have a vacancy that fits your background, but you would like us to keep you in mind for future opportunities, drop us a line at email@example.com [PGP key]. We’re always on the look-out for potential collaborators.